Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Favorite Facebook status ~ revived from this day last year 2010







Dalai Lama says "The purpose of our lives is to be happy." 
Dalai LIM. A says "Find your passion so you find your purpose." 


And once you find your purpose waste not a single minute. So grab that shot of cappuccino, get excited til you just can't hide it, and run the like the wind. Perhaps it's just me and my usually sleep deprived self,  harkening back to memories of my early 20s when my mom would, like clockwork at every New Year's Eve, sit at the foot of my bed and advise "When are you going to change? You waste so much time, and it's worth much more than gold. Wait til you realize this, and hope it's not too late." Love my mama for this, and I'd like to think I "got it" in time. 


To Everything There is A Season, as sung by the Byrds in the 60s. May we find our moments, our pace that echoes our heartbeat, while pushing the envelope and challenging us to be the best we  were meant to be. Living this motto in the moment would mean getting out of bed now that it is three o'clock on a Sunday afternoon. Freshly French pressed coffee can only assuage one's guilt for so long, not to mention a dwindling box of French macaroons - well you can call it an empty box now.


Checking in on my passions as follows in chronological order: Performing (singing, dancing, acting), Photography, Baking, Blogging/writing. One wouldn't ask a parent of four children "Who's your favorite?" I think mine is apparent, but each of these purposes was born in its own time, with its own personality. So I will nurture them in the hopes that they, like children, become my pride and joy. That for all the world's drudgery and dismay, I have contributed towards a fruitful future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment